Center for Professional Development
Like all ABA-accredited law schools, Charlotte School of Law is required to survey members of its most recent graduating class to ascertain their employment status. In March of each year, law schools report this employment data to the American Bar Association and NALP, a non-profit education association for law schools and legal employers that also conducts an annual employment survey. The data collected reflect the employment status of each law school's graduates as of February 15.
Charlotte School of Law was able to confirm the employment status of 99.14% (347 of 350) of its program completers who graduated September 1, 2012 through August 31, 2013. The job placement rate for these graduates was 82.71%. This figure was calculated using the NALP formula for calculating job placement rate. Therefore, the 82.71% job placement rate was calculated by adding together all of the employed graduates (287) and then dividing by the number of graduates whose employment status we were able to confirm (347). In accordance with NALP guidelines, the number of employed graduates includes all employment positions, including legal and non-legal positions, permanent and temporary positions, full-time and part-time positions, and any positions funded by Charlotte School of Law.
In addition to those employed, 2.02% of our graduates were continuing their education full-time in a degree- or certificate-granting program.
Our alumni are working with
- McAngus Goudelock & Courie
- Womble Carlyle
- Horack Talley
- Moore & Van Allen
- US Army JAG Corps
- Aiken County Solicitor’s Office
- United States Bankruptcy Court-Eastern District of NC
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough, LLP
- Clawson & Staubes, LLC
- American Council of Life Insurers
- Charlotte Regional Realtor Association
- Duke Energy Corporation
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools Office of Legal Counsel
- Law Offices of Michael A. DeMayo
- Legal Aid of North Carolina
- The Hatcher Law Group
- Harrington Law, P.C.
- GTECH Corporation
- Freud America
- Gaston Country DA’s Office
- Mecklenburg County DA’s Office
- Legal Services of Southern Piedmont
- South Carolina Legal Services
- Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands
- United Family Services